Sunday, October 22, 2006

Rude awakening

When I got up this morning, I was surprised (and not pleasantly so) to see Roger Brown's girlish mugshot over a new article. Isn't he supposed to be gone?

Then I remembered: My mom is retiring from the PD after 35 years, and she's leaving under the same buyout program as Roger Brown. She said the leave dates were staggered throughout the end of the year (I think it was 10/31, 11/30, and 12/31 as last days). So, we may have a couple more months of Brown.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
So, I'm going to be a bad fan today. I'm not going to watch the game. Here in Virginia its a hassle, because I have to find a bar showing the game, and so it ends up being an all afternoon commitment. And frankly, I just don't have the time to waste.

Don't get me wrong, I really want to see how they're gonna do. I always have hope that they could pull something off, and open alot of eyes. And there would be nothing more satisfying than to see them do it against the Broncos. But, I've had my hopes dashed too many times lately. And even if they do manage to win, it will most likely be an ugly game that we'll win because Denver made more mistakes than us.

I'll probably follows CBS Sportsline's gamecast, just to see how its going. But any "analysis" I have is just gonna be based on what I read in tomorrow's papers.

I hope I'll regret this.

No comments: