Friday, August 04, 2006

Earning a spot. . . . . . on the bench

Ah training camp. When every draft pick is better than advertised (unless they held out, in which case they are inexctrably behind) and every undrafted rookie is a diamond in the rough (remember Qasim Mitchell, our sole offensive lineman prospect of the year, and a giant of a man who didn't have much else going for him?).

Its with a doubting mind that I approach the stories about Josh Cribbs turning into the next Antwaan Randle El, or Leon Williams looking like a legitimate starting LB.

I guess hearing good reports that probably won't materialize into on-field achievements in better than reading bad reports that prove to be true. But in the end it just makes me that much more anxious.

I'm ready. Now lets see these guys prove it on the field.

On that note, as I type this there are 36 days, 19 hours, 18 minutes, and 42 seconds until kickoff. . .

No comments: